letter L a58 IMG_5590_2 Top and Bottom IMG_5617_4 letter E

Friday, July 2, 2010

Thing #12:

Commenting on Blogs:
  • "10 Techniques to get More Comments" was helpful. I read on and found alot of his other blogs interesting and informative. His page is difficult to comment on, which I found kinda funny because making commenting easy was one of his top 10 things!
  • "Commenting like a Queen" from Cool Cats blog was also very informative, but it wasn't all rocket science. Most of it was common sense. I didn't agree with one of her suggestions, though she had a valid point. Sometimes all I have to say is "way to go" or "right on". I think that is encouraging to the writer and to other readers which encourages them to comment in turn.
  • Ironically enough the two blogs that I have wanted to comment on, I couldn't! I just read the blog from blue skunk, went to comment and he had turned off his comments! Unfortunate because I really liked his blog.
  • One comment I have about most of the blogs that I have visited is: most of them have too much on their pages. It makes it very hard to navigate and find what you are looking for. Sometimes less is more.
  • I commented on several blogs from the new iphone, politics and entertainment news. Some blogs are easier to comment on then others.
  • One thing I do agree with: IF YOU DON'T MAKE COMMENTING EASY, PEOPLE WON'T COMMENT!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of good points here! Less is more -- agreed!!! And your last one is so true. It might also help to end a blog post with a question for the reader to ponder (that may have been in some of the readings... I can't remember). Also, controversial posts tend invite lots of comments, although I'm not recommending that. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your information about commenting was very useful. One of the things I am disliking with blogger is that I am not notified when people comment. I know there is a way to subscribe by email on other people's blogs, but I am interested in my blog. I'm sure it's a setting I have not found.

    ReplyDelete