letter L a58 IMG_5590_2 Top and Bottom IMG_5617_4 letter E

Friday, July 2, 2010

Thing #11:


LIBRARY THING:
This is one of the most useful "things" I have come across in this online class. I really, really like the LibraryThing. I think I am going to use it in my classroom to organize my classroom library. I may do a short library unit at the begininng of school teaching them about the organization of libraries and have some of my students add help me organize the class library. Then, I also want my students learn how to use Library Thing so they can organize their books, get recommendations from me and others and give recommendations too! When I am finished organizing my classroom library which will be quite a task, I will organize my books at home. I am always looking for a book for one of my girls, wondering if I have it and where I have it. (at home or school?! This will really help me get organized. This is a great tool at home and in the classroom. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you have the books from your Library Thing on your blog. I haven't quite figured out how to make it part of my blog. Your idea for putting your classroom library on Library Thing is great! I thought about it when I initially checked out the site, but as I started using it and got frustrated, I decided maybe it wasn't such a great idea! You've given me motivation to go back and try to figure this out! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be good for organizing the books in the Literacy Lab too!

    ReplyDelete