letter L a58 IMG_5590_2 Top and Bottom IMG_5617_4 letter E

Friday, July 2, 2010

Thing #18:

Online Productivity Tools

I viewed both Open Office and Google Docs. I preferred Google Docs probably because I have used it before. I like it because I have everything I need in one place...google...and I can access it from anywhere easily. I used Google Docs to save all of my passwords for 23 Things, then sent it from Gmail to my SBISD account and to one other person so I will never be locked out of my blog or other utility tools I learned to use in 23 Things.

2 comments:

  1. That was a great idea for your passwords! I am going to have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Google Docs. You can be at a hotel in Guam and still access your stuff! Not that I'm going to Guam... But this is wonderful for students to use because it doesn't matter if you're a Mac or PC. In fact, all of our students in SBISD are getting district Google accounts this coming school year and I am going to be teaching Google docs in the library. NO MORE disks or flash drives necessary! And yes, it's nice to have access to your passwords where ever you are. I rarely save anything to my hard drive anymore. Google docs also offers lots of templates for things such as business cards and flyers, etc.

    ReplyDelete