letter L a58 IMG_5590_2 Top and Bottom IMG_5617_4 letter E

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Thing #23

Thoughts on 23 Things....

I really enjoyed learning about all of the FREE technology on the internet. This was by far one of my favorite inservices ever. I learned so much and have so much information to go back to school and implement into my lesson plans. One thing that I am really excited about is going back to Library2Play to use a resource. Sometimes I just can't think of a fun or exciting way to present or end a lesson. There are so many new and refreshing ideas. I can't wait to use them!

Q&A:

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I think that personally were my favorites were the online generators, but there are so many favorites it is hard to choose.
How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I really want to stay informed on technology that is out there not just for teaching, but for me personally. I really feel like I have come away from this inservice with information to use in my personal life as well as to use creatively in teaching. I will probably use all of the google tools and picture applications like snap fish in my personal life. I have commented all along on ideas that I have had to use this techology in my teaching.
Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I really didn't expect to come away with so much information! It is more of the quanitity that surprised me! There were applications that I knew I would learn like Photostory, but others like the wikis and rollyos that I had no idea how to use.
What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
It would be helpful if there was a little more feedback. There were times that I was really stuck. It would have been nice to have someone to help. Maybe there were opportunites that I was not aware.
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? Absolutely! Hands-on

4 comments:

  1. You did great at discovering so many new things to use in your classroom! I agree that this experience can be a little lonely (and frustrating at times) but it is the process of learning and trying that is important. I do hope you have found some great tools to use and integrate into your teaching. Hope to see you trying out the other Library2Play courses in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, you're already done! Good for you. You've inspired me to get started again and finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie... to link, highlight the word you want shown, then click the link button about the post box. It will then prompt you for the web address. Let me know if that doesn't work.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You finished so fast that I wasn't reading your posts as you went along to assist you (my fault)! On the other hand, Vaughn, one of the district librarians at the Media Center, could have also helped you when you were stuck. There was also some days where you could go up there and work on 23 Things together, ask questions, etc. Just an FYI in case you do 11.5 Things in the future... Glad you got it done! I look forward to working with you to incorporate some of this stuff into you classroom this coming school year.

    ReplyDelete