letter L a58 IMG_5590_2 Top and Bottom IMG_5617_4 letter E

Thursday, September 29, 2011

#9 Tool

Incorporating Technology in the Classroom...






  1. It is important to tie the technology to an objective to make sure that you cover everything in the curriculum. I think it would be easy to get caught up in learning and exploring with technology and forget to stick with the curriculum.



  2. Students should be responsible for their learning so that we make sure they stick to the curriculum. Just like teachers, students can get caught up in exploring and lose track of the purpose of using the technology. If you don't have someway to hold them responsible, students can get caught up in playing games or showing their friends something on the web and the next thing you know, the class period is over and they have done nothing they were assigned. We need to make sure they are on task and they handle the technology in a responsible manner.



  3. Two links that I explored that I really think I will use in the classroom are "Learning Games for Kids" and "Thinkfinity". Both of these sites would be great for building and reinforcing vocabulary.



  4. There are so many apps that I think that could be used effectively in a Language Arts classroom. Three of the apps I really liked are "Dictionary.com", "BrainPop" and "Flashcards+" I would use "Dictionary.com" as a resource and to practice using dictionary skills which are usually fairly boring. I love "BrainPop" I would use it on the ipad to help students who need reinforcement with grammar, writing or reading skills. It is very good at explaining in a fun interactive way. I would use "Flashcards+" as vocabulary reinforcement.



  5. I would use the itouch and the ipad as sponge activities, independent practice, reinforcement activities, a resource and additional reading material.

1 comment: