letter L a58 IMG_5590_2 Top and Bottom IMG_5617_4 letter E

Friday, July 2, 2010

Thing #21:

Podcasts & Videocasts

I have used these tools before in teaching. I used GarageBand and imovie on the apple computers. I have seen photostory before. My librarian actually introduced it to my class, but when our school got apple computers, they were the hot item. I really enjoyed using Photostory because I can use it on my Dell laptop to play the videocasts on the Activeboard. The problem that I was having with garage band and the imovie was that I could not play them on my Dell laptop. I did however like the music better imovie vs. photostory. I do plan to use Photostory as a project for my students to create individually and in groups after they finish reading one of their novels. I really enjoyed learning about this tool. It is going to be a really handy teaching tool.




p.s. My podcast is still not working. I followed the directions. I am not sure why it is not working. I could really use some help here. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I have had trouble posting PhotoStory as well recently. (It could be a Blogger thing.) One thing to check is to make sure you are inserting using the wmv file, which is the video formatted story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had trouble posting my photoStory for 5.75 More Things as well. But yours looks to be working now. iMovie does have a lot more bells and whistles than PhotoStory (and I think the product looks more professional), but with iMovie comes lots of quirks and troubleshooting. I like PhotoStory for the students because they get it done faster with less options. I need to learn Movie Maker for Windows as well.

    ReplyDelete